In 2005 I wrote a small post about the programs that I use on a regular basis. I will try and find out what has changed and what stayed the same.
I still use:
- vim - an editor
- rxvt-unicode - an X terminal
- ion3 - a window manager
- xmonad - another window manager (written in Haskell)
- firefox - a web browser
- mutt - a email client
- vim outliner - a todo list/outliner tool
Programs that I don't use anymore:
- raggle - a rss reader
- playmusic - a music player
- irssi - an irc client
- bitlbee - a irc server/instant message gateway
Programs that I use now:
This isn't a complete list of all the programs that I use. There are more programs, that I use but those are more on the backend of things. These are all user programs. I could also add Apache to this list or Perl, but are not really useful here.