I upgraded my webserver to Debian Lenny last night. It went almost without problems. This was because I followed the release notes. This helped a whole lot.
Still this morning there was a small problem that I didn't notice yesterday. I
didn't receive any email. So I took a look in the exim4 mainlog at
/var/log/exim4/mainlog. It contained the following message:
lowest numbered MX record points to local host: servername
All messages that should be delivered in a local mailbox were frozen. The
solution was actually quite simple. First I needed to change one line in a
config file. It contained something that looked like:
is a line that would normally be replaced by the
But that doesn't work anymore.
Now the files
conf.d/main/005_local_hostnames contains a line like this:
MAIN_LOCAL_DOMAINS = localhost:servername:dsearch;/etc/exim4/virtual
All hostnames on this line should be delivered locally.