The three problems that need to be fixed are subscription, feed reading and feed creation.
Subscribing to feeds is really hard. It should be really simple. Unsubscribing should be just as simple.
- See something that you want to subscribe to? Click the subscribe button.
Unsubscribing should be just as easy.
- You see a post in your feed reader that you don’t want to see.
- Click Hide.
- Show an option for unsubscription.
- Click, gone!
- Visit the page you want unsubscribe from in your browser.
- Click the unsubscribe button.
- No step three!
That’s easy. Why isn’t this possible yet?
Do you see something that you want to read? Read it. If you don’t want to read it, just scroll further for other posts.
Nothing is remembered or saved. Unless you want it too. Click ‘star’, ‘favorite’ or ‘bookmark’, and it is saved in a to read feed, so you can find it later.
You have a feed. Write an update in a textarea. Click ‘Publish’. Done. It appears in your feed and the rivers of everyone who subscribed.
These three parts are easy and important.